Monday, January 19, 2009

Goal of the week (4)

Despite all appearances, this blog will not become a historical highlight reel. I am setting a deadline of next weekend for my next actual entry. In addition to being quite busy recently, I've also been conflicted about football, given the rumors surrounding Kaka's transfer from AC Milan to Manchester City. Even though this is well outside the sphere of my usual interest, I can't help but be shaken by the phrase "100 million pounds." It just reinforces a lot of what I already know and believe, but this is never pleasant (see "Thoughts from the road"). But moving on to what is...

I've bent my own unspoken rule here by posting a goal scored against an Eastern side. Enjoy Marco Van Basten's ludicrous volley. Genius.


European Cup final
25 June 1988
Netherlands 2: USSR 0
Olympiastadion (Munich)




Nicely done, SlurfSeweden.

No comments: